Guitar Jam Workshop
The Guitar Jam Workshop is intended for slightly advanced up to very skillful students. Within a live scenario you will be able to refine your improvisation skills together with other musicians.
At the end of every quarter there will be a live session, where you will be playing the rehearsed tracks together with a band comprised of our teachers who will accompany you on drums, bass and keys. With the Guitar Jam Workshop your guitar playing will reach the next level!
- What will I learn?
Playing with other musicians: You will be playing over backing tracks but always together with another guitarist. Thus you will be switching between playing rhythm and lead guitar. At the end of every quarter there will be a live session, where you will be playing the rehearsed tracks together with a band comprised of our teachers who will accompany you on drums, bass and keys.
Music-Chart: How to read one correctly and what is important to know when jamming.
Accompaniment: You learn how to make your accompaniment groovy so that a good solo can be played over the top of it.
Solos: You learn how to compose your solo to make sure your audience can't get enough of it.
Sound: You learn how to get the right sound out of your amp, effect pedals and guitar for each song.
- What kind of teaching material will I receive?
- You will receive a handout with the sheet music and important information to each song that's being played at the workshop. You will also be sent the backing track to make sure that you're able to jam to the song at home as well.
- Conditions for participation
- It is required that your guitar playing skills are more or less advanced. You should be able to accompany somebody with simple chords and that you know your way around the pentatonic scale for improvising.
- How often does the workshop take place?
- The Guitar Jam Workshop is taking place every second Monday at 7.30pm until 9.30pm. Matthias leads the workshop in the even calendar week and David in the odd calendar week. To schedule a noncommittal tryout session please fill in the form below.
- With a quarterly membership the Guitar Jam Workshop does cost CHF 65.- for active SOR sudents resp. CHF 70.- for externals. One noncommittal tryout session is free. Get in touch with us using the form below to book yours.
Trial workshop contact form
Book a trial workshop right here without any commitment. After the workshop you can choose the workshop format that suits you. Book your trial workshop in an easy and fast way by filling out the form below or just call us at 061 331 75 75.
A trial workshop lasts 120 minutes and is free of charge.