Various offers that will help you improve
Are you a beginner or already advanced? Would you finally like to be able to play something on your instrument that's just standing around in your room? Or do you just need a new input to amplify your musical skills?
You decide what your lessons look like. Your teacher completely caters to your personal musical wishes. Do you want to play the Blues? Or do you prefer somewhat harder sounds? School Of Rock offers lessons in the styles Rock, Pop, Blues, Metal, Jazz and Acoustic. You'll be guided to your goals with our modern lesson concept.
10 lessons package
Lesson formats & prices
You can take one-on-one lessons starting from only CHF 44.- per lesson and duo-lessons starting from as little as CHF 26.- per lesson. Do you have a colourkey card? Bring it with you and you benefit from a free trial lesson and a 20% discount on your first 10 lessons.
Open the configurator and answer the questions. Then you will find the lesson format that suits you best and you will know what a lesson will cost.
- How do I apply for a trial lesson?
- Just simply fill in the trial lesson contact form here or call us at 061 331 75 75. We will get in touch with you to fix a date for your trial lesson.
- From what age can I have lessons at School Of Rock?
Our youngest students are 5 years old – but not every child at that age is ready. If your child is old enough for lessons also depends on the instrument itself. A percussion instrument can also be played with very small hands, whereas the thick strings of an electric bass require considerably further developed fingers.
If you're unsure if your child is old enough to have lessons, just get in touch with us to discuss it personally. It generally becomes clear during the trial lesson, if your child would like to come to further lessons.
- Am I too old to learn to play an instrument?
- Yes, you can. There is no upward limit. Learning an instrument is always worth it. According to scientific studies, playing an instrument and making music is the best activity to keep your mind young.
- Am I musical enough to play an instrument?
- Basically anyone can learn to play an instrument. Progress might be made at different rates, but with practice you can achieve a lot.
- Do I have to buy lesson material?
- Generally speaking no, because we have a lot of material readily available for you to use. But it might make sense for you to buy a certain booklet which we don't have here.
- Do I have to be able to read sheet music to play an instrument?
- It's not necessary to be able to read sheet music to play an instrument. But depending on what music you like and what level you'd like to get to, it might make sense to learn to read sheet music. You can talk about what is best for you with your teacher
- How often should I practice?
- You should practice regularly if you want to make progress on your instrument or voice. It has more to do with regularity than how long you practice one piece. 10 minutes of daily practice should suffice at the beginning. Once you get into a certain routine you'll most likely want to practice for longer.
- What if I can't come to class on site? Do you offer online classes?
If you can't come to class on site, just contact the secretariat. Your teacher will then set up for online lessons and the lesson will take place online at the regular time.
You can also attend our classes online in general. Here you can find out more about our online lessons.
- Can I catch up on a lesson if I'm ill?
With the membership (except the membership option „fix“) you have the possibility to postpone lessons. If you have to cancel a lesson at short notice (e.g. because you're ill) we can generally reschedule the lesson. The important thing is that you let us know at least 24 hours before your lesson.
With the 10 lesson package you can simply cancel any lesson if you do that at least 24 hours in advance.
Alternatively your lesson can also be held online.
- Do I have to pay for my lessons if I'm on holiday?
With the membership you have the possibility to cancel lessons without having to pay for it. The important thing is that you notify us at least 1 month in advance.
For adults that can almost always make their lessons we recommend the cheaper membership option „fix“. For adults The option „flex“ offers adults that need more flexibility the possiblity to cancel or to postpone lessons.
For minors we offer the option „fix Holiday“ as a convenient solution for students that generally prefer not to have lessons during the school holidays. The option „flex Holiday“ offers students that generally also want to have lessons during the school holidays more options to cancel or postpone lessons. Furthermore they profit of attractive pricing.
- Can my child profit from cheaper prices?
- It's important to us to offer great lessons at attractive rates. That's why we decided on cheap prices that all of our students can benefit from, no matter how old they are.
- Is there a waiting list?
- No. We're generally always able to help you start lessons at your preferred point in time thanks to our efficient secretariat.
- Can I borrow an instrument from School Of Rock?
- You can play and try out our instruments during your lessons. But you're not able to bring them home with you.
Trial lesson contact form
Book a trial lesson right here without any commitment. After the lesson you can choose the lesson format that suits you. Book your trial lesson in an easy and fast way by filling out the form below or just call us at 061 331 75 75.
A trial lesson lasts either 30min (CHF 45.-), 45min (CHF 63.-) or 60min (CHF 79.-) depending on your age and availability. Would you like to benefit from our special offer of CHF 39.-? Just answer the question about School Of Rock in the form below.